“From birth, warm and trusting relationships with familiar adults are important for children to learn and develop”
Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
A sense of belonging and connectedness within communities is important for every person.
Children can form attachments with many significant adults and those relationships can have a big impact on development and wellbeing. Whether you are an extended family member, family friend, professional carer or leader in a community group or club you have the chance to make a difference in a child’s life.
Research shows, if a child has just one person they can connect with and who makes them feel safe and secure, they have a better chance of having a healthy adulthood.
Using appreciation and positive time, you can build connections with the children in your life and be someone they can rely on in addition to their parents.
Drawing on the well-researched benefits of connection and gratitude our unique compliment cards and resources are ideal for 3-8 year olds.
Our cards and resources:
The top five reasons why Connection Cards® will make a difference:
- Research shows that connection with others is crucial for mental health. Children who have strong connections with a broad support network are happier, more resilient and do better in their lives.
- Studies have found that gratitude and appreciation are key elements of happiness and wellbeing.
- Taking the time to connect with children sends a clear message that they are important to you. It also helps smooth out the relationship bumps that occur through life’s everyday distractions and challenges.
- A positive sense of self increases children’s confidence, motivation and empathy for others.
- Building connections with children when they are young helps us to stay connected as they move into their teenage years and beyond. As children move into adolescence and spread their wings, their relationships with the other adults in their lives become more important than ever.